The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
The mayonnaise cake recipe from the 1950s is still a traditional favourite in many kitchens today. At a time when ingredients were limited, home cooks were very creative in creating the most delicious recipes with the ingredients they had in their kitchens.
Although the addition of mayonnaise to the cake may seem like an unusual use of ingredients, this recipe actually gives the cake an intense moisture and flavour. The story of this special cake is a legacy that resonates in the kitchens of the 1950s.
Now, for those who want to rediscover the flavours of that period and take a journey back in time by trying this unique cake recipe, we promise a taste full of history.
Mayonnaise Cake Recipe from the 1950sCourse: Deserts
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup mayonnaise
1 glass of water
1 packet of baking powder
1 teaspoon vanillin
- Set the oven to 180 degrees and grease your cake mould.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar.
- Add the mayonnaise and whisk the mixture until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and vanillin.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Add water and continue mixing until you get a homogenous consistency.
- Pour the prepared dough into the greased cake mould.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave the baked cake to cool.
- After cooling, slice and serve.
- Storage Conditions: Allow the cake to cool completely before serving. You can then store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator to preserve its freshness and moisture.
- Presentation Suggestions: Serve the sliced cake sprinkled with icing sugar or garnished with a light vanilla glaze. It is also a great choice to serve with fresh fruit or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Personalisations: To add your own touch to the recipe, you can add ingredients such as nuts, grated citrus peel or cinnamon. This can be a great way to adapt the recipe to your own taste.
- A Special Touch for Guests: Serve this delicious mayonnaise cake to your guests for a special coffee break or afternoon tea. Use this recipe to create a nostalgic atmosphere in your home and create pleasant memories.
- Dare to Try: Trying this unique recipe from the 1950s is a great way to add a dose of nostalgia to your kitchen. Whether you’re looking for traditional flavours or want to explore an unusual taste, this recipe offers a reliable and flavour-packed option.
- The mayonnaise cake recipe from the 1950s is not only a dessert, but also an homage to the cuisine of the past. Exploring traditional flavours and unusual combinations of ingredients while preparing this unique cake is a great way to add a special touch to your kitchen. Bon appetit and may you have memories full of flavour!