The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Tejuino is one of the traditional drinks of Mexico, offering a refreshing alternative, especially on hot summer days. This traditional drink combines the unique flavour of white corn, the sweetness of piloncillo or brown sugar and the freshness of lime juice to create a unique taste. The tejuino recipe, which you can easily prepare at home, offers a feast of flavour that delights the palate with its natural ingredients.
Now, let’s enjoy making this unique Mexican drink at home!
Tejuino RecipeCourse: Drinks
1 cup white corn (dry corn kernels)
1 cup piloncillo or brown sugar (grated)
1 tea glass of fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Wash the corn thoroughly and place in a saucepan. Add water and boil until the corn is soft (about 1 hour).
- Put the boiled corn with the water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the corn juice using a strainer or fine cheesecloth. This step will help to clean your drink.
- Pour the corn juice into a jug. Add grated piloncillo or brown sugar. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add fresh lime juice and sea salt. Stir the mixture well.
- Chill your drink in the refrigerator.
- You can add ice on top before serving.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar to sweeten the drink according to your taste.
- You can also use lime juice instead of lime juice.
- Traditional tejuino involves a fermentation process, usually from corn pulp. In this recipe, we skip this step and offer a simpler version.
- This homemade corn drink can be a refreshing option, especially on hot days.
- Bon appetit!